Saturday, September 29, 2012

Ant Infestation

This is disgusting, so I apologize in advance. We had a little bit of an ant infestation in my office over the summer. Apparently our windows aren't sealed very well, and they were hiding in the walls by the window. Yuck! I have no idea how long it had been there either because where they were hiding out is behind two of my stoarage containers by my desk.

This is what I noticed first, just a few (20) ants crawling around on the part of the windowsill that I could see.
Then I look behind my storage container to find a rotting wall with a zillion ants.  Ewwww!! It still gives me the heebie jeebies!   
I didn't take a picture of it, but there were ants coming out of the actual sill too and going down our wall to the floor.  And after I moved my storage container, this is what I saw.  I mean do you even want to guess how many ants that is?!??!  Yes, a spider happened to join this crew too. 
I got out our wonderful home bug killer spray and sprayed the s*&! out of those ants!  Then cleaning them up was the fun part...NOT!  I literally cleaned ants for two hours while Derrick was at work.  After I thought I was done cleaning/vacuuming them up, more were running out of the wall and windowsill.  I mean it seriously was like a horror movie around here.  So I sad with my vacuum hose and sucked them out of the wall and sill for another 30 minutes.  And after that, I hotglued those ants in the wall! :)  At least until the exterminator could come. 

That concludes my horrific ant story.  I have never had hate towards ants, but this may have just sealed the deal.  Disgusting.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. That's a lot of ants. I once had a dream that all ants turned into dog-sized abominations. Rather than eat me (which is what they would have done in real life) they just ignored me, skittering about their ant-business as if nothing was different. On second thought, they might have still been normal-sized and I was just tiny. Creepy.
    http://www.solutionsstores.com

    ReplyDelete