Thursday, September 27, 2012

NetiPot

So when I was 18, I found out I had allergies.  I went through a few spurts where I did daily inhalers, which always helped but not enough for me for justify forking out the money they cost!  For a while I wasn't doing anything and had crazy symptoms.  Then I started taking just a daily pill like Zyrtec, but the offbrand one.  Which, on a side note, if anyone else takes that stuff, you should get it at Sam's Club.  I was paying $15 for 30 tablets at CVS and at Wal-Mart I think it was $11.  At Sam's Club I got 450 tablets for the same price!

Anyways, the tablets really helped better than anything else, but I was still having some symptoms, and my allergies were still driving me crazy!  Insert NetiPot here...


I had heard of the NetiPot years ago but thought it was crazy to pour it up your nose.  Once I saw Dr. Oz say how it could really help with allergies, I was sold.  Derrick and I went out and bought one right away, and I love it!  I do it 2-3 times a week or when I'm feeling stuffy in the shower and all my allergy symptoms have mostly gone away.  They flair up every once in a while, but it's WAY better than before. 

Caution:  I use distilled water when I do it and just heat it up for 20 seconds before mixing it with the solution and using it.  Apparently two people died from using it because they used tap water, and the tap water contained a brain-eating bacteria. 

Don't let that or the whole pouring it up your nose thing discourage you :)  It's amazing!

Oh, and I really thing it helps keep me from getting sick!  Let me know if you decide to try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment